The Annual Gentlemen’s Club EXPO was established in 1993 and will be held in 2020 at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Aug. 30 - Sept. 2. The EXPO, which was held for the very first time at the Stardust Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, remains the ONLY national convention and awards show for the multi-billion-dollar adult nightclub industry. The EXPO is a three-day, three-night event featuring a full slate of workshops and panel sessions; the Annual Adult Nightclub & Exotic Dancer Awards Show (The ED’s Awards), the only national awards show for this industry; a Tradeshow showcasing companies with products and services available to club owners and operators; nightly parties and feature entertainer showcases; the EXPO “Chill Day” festivities; and a national board meeting for ACE (the Association of Club Executives) that’s open to the entire industry.
ABOUT THE EXPO TRADESHOW
ABOUT THE ANNUAL ED’s AWARDS SHOW
The Annual ED’s Adult Nightclub & Exotic Dancer Awards show was established in 1998, and is still the only national (and now, international) Awards Show for the multi-billion-dollar adult club industry. Awards are presented to clubs across the country in four regions (East, South, Central and West), as well as the top national awards for "Overall Gentlemen's Club of the Year" and "Club Chain of the Year." Awards are also presented to feature entertainers in four categories (Overall Feature Entertainer of the Year, Newcomer Entertainer of the Year, Club Favorite Entertainer of the Year and Adult Movie Entertainer of the Year), and the show includes live performances by the four ED's Entertainer of the Year nominees. There is also an ED (Exotic Dancer) Hall of Fame Award presented each year, as club owners, club executives, industry professionals and entertainers have been "inducted" over the past two decades. NEW: In 2015, the “International Club of the Year” Award was introduced, with nominees that included clubs from the U.K., France, Russia and Australia; in 2016, the "Urban Club of the Year" Award was introduced, honoring the top "urban" clubs nationally. And in 2017, the "International Showgirl of the Year" Award was presented for the very first time. Click here to go to the Awards Show page
ABOUT THE SEMINARS AND PANEL SESSIONS
Since the EXPO’s inception, seminars and panel sessions have been a prime attraction for the convention. Guest speakers and industry professionals offer their advice on a variety of topics that are of interest to club owners, club operators, club staff and feature entertainers. Among the topics that are addressed include legal trends and impactful court decisions (including U.S. Supreme Court cases), marketing tips, motivational ideas, staff training, attracting and keeping quality entertainers, bartender theft, feature entertainer bookings, bachelor parties, proper club management, DJ seminars, food service, security training and much more. Click here to go to the Panels & Seminars page
ABOUT THE EVENING PARTIES
The EXPO has also become known for its evening events, and it all starts with the “Official Opening Night Party.” Over the course of the last two decades, the Opening Night Party was held in various venues including "Vanity" inside the Hard Rock Vegas, the “Light” nightclub inside Mandalay Bay, the “Ra” club inside Luxor and the Republic NOLA Nightclub in New Orleans. Over the past few years, the Opening Night Party has also included the "Pre-ED's" Award presentations, where several ED awards are presented ahead of the main show on Tuesday evening. Other evening events include the “Closing Night Party" and other "unofficial" parties and after-parties throughout EXPO week. At previous EXPOs, the Closing Night Party has often included a feature entertainer showcase where some of the industry’s top feature entertainers perform at adult nightclubs in the convention’s host city.
ABOUT THE EXPO “CHILL DAY”
The EXPO agenda features a “chill day” on the final day of the convention (Wednesday). Directly following the morning panel sessions, attendees are treated to an afternoon of fun, relaxation, and a special event which, in the past, has included the $10,000 Bikini Contest, a Bowling Competition, a riverboat Crusie and a $10,000 Fashion Contest. Click here to go to the Parties & Events page
ABOUT THE ACE NATIONAL BOARD MEETING
ACE, the Association of Club Executives, holds three annual board meetings each year. The National Board Meeting they host at EXPO, however, is the only board meeting that is open to anyone from the industry to attend. The ACE National Board meeting will be held at EXPO 2020 on Sunday, August 30th, 4-6 pm in the Melrose 3 Room at Planet Hollywood, which will be followed immediately thereafter by the ACE National Reception.
About the Annual Gentlemen's Club EXPO:
The Annual Gentlemen’s Club EXPO is the only national convention and tradeshow for the multi-billion-dollar adult nightclub industry, and is produced by ED Publications, the industry’s trade magazine for the past 25 years. EXPO attendees can count on three days of must-attend seminars and panel sessions geared toward club owners, general managers, DJs, security staff and other key club personnel; two days of a 100-booth Tradeshow with vendors showcasing their latest products and services; two evening parties that are equal parts networking and enjoyable fun; and the Annual ED Awards Show, the only national awards show honoring the industry’s top adult nightclubs and entertainers.
- A three-day conference and tradeshow for the adult nightclub (strip club) industry with more than 2,000 attendees
- Daily seminars with industry leaders addressing legal, marketing and security topics; alcohol sales; club sound, lighting and renovations; employee relations; new products; and more
- Two-day tradeshow with 100-plus booths
- Opening Night "Kick Off" Party and Pre-ED-Awards Presentations
- Closing Night Party
- Entertainer Showcases
- Adult Nightclub Awards Show, in a showroom theater
- "Chill Day" activities, including the EXPO Bikini Contest
- Membership meeting of the Association of Club Executives (ACE), the industry's national lobbying organization
- Produced annually since 1993 by ED Publications, publishers of the industry's only national, bimonthly business-to-businesss magazine (ED Magazine)
Produced by ED Publications, publishers for 24 years of the Annual Adult Nightclubs Guide, the Preferred Vendors Guide and the bimonthly ED Club Bulletin business magazine.
The Annual EXPO draws over 2,000 attendees, including over 1,500 adult nightclub owners, club executives, general managers, bartenders, floor managers, DJs and club personnel from individual clubs and club chains.
Other EXPO attendees include:
- Liquor, beer and wine distributors
- Social media markting companies
- App developers and internet specialists
- Food and beverage companies
- Club furnishings and products companies
- Club brokers (Realtors)
- Insurance specialists
- Sound, lighting & staging companies
- Health, beauty
- Apparel companies
- POS systems and management software technology
- Restroom Valet Service Provider
Gentlemen’s clubs represent the highest-grossing segment of the nightclub industry. There are more than 2,500 adult nightclubs in North America which employ over 500,000 dancers and support staff, and serve 1.2 million customers a day. Adult nightclubs lead the industry in alcohol sales.
Click on all images to enlarge
EXPO 2019 PHOTO RECAP
EXPO 2018 PHOTO RECAP
EXPO 2017 PHOTO RECAP
EXPO 2016 PHOTO RECAP
EXPO 2014 PHOTO RECAP
EXPO 2013 PHOTO RECAP
EXPO 2012 PHOTO RECAP
Adult Nightclub Stats
- There are more than 3,000 adult nightclubs in the U.S.
- More than 90 percent of the clubs serve beer, wine, champagne and liquor.
- All of the clubs serve bottled water, soft drinks and energy drinks.
- More than 1,000,000 customers visit adult nightclubs every day of the year.
- There are more than 500,000 entertainers and club employees working in adult nightclubs.
- There are more than 30 club chain operators controlling over 300 adult nightclubs.
- One adult club chain, Rick’s Cabaret, is publicly traded on NASDAQ (symbol: RICK).
- Adult nightclubs have combined annual gross revenues of more than $7.5 billion.
- Adult nightclubs are open longer hours and more days than any other type of nightclub.
- Adult nightclubs sell a higher percentage of high-end liquor and champagne than other clubs.
- Adult nightclubs reach the most desirable demographic of spenders, ages 18 to 50.
- Adult nightclubs reach a consumer demographic used to paying top dollar for entertainment.
- The adult nightclub industry has a national association with over 30 statewide chapters.
- The adult nightclub market is untapped and ripe for national promotions by liquor manufacturers and distributors seeking to target this high revenue generating market niche.
- There is only one national trade magazine for the adult nightclub industry - ED Club Bulletin.